Beads of Wisdom
Give the Gift of Angling
Is it gift-giving time? Are you thinking about fun in the outdoors for your friend or loved one? A fly fishing rod can lead to a lifetime of adventure, and giving one as a gift is as simple as answering two questions:
What type of fishing does your friend or loved one do?
What is your budget?
The following thoughts will walk you through the shopping process.
● The specific fishing that the new angler will enjoy requires certain fishing gear
● Different “weight” outfits are made for those specific types of fishing
● An “outfit” is the package of rod, reel, and lines
● Tell the salesperson at your local fly shop, or online retailer, what kind of fishing the lucky gift getter enjoys
● Check their pictures or social media for hints about their fishing
● Be upfront about your budget
● There are outfits at any cost
● While no outfit can do it all, “six weight” outfits are a good general choice
● Combination outfits, or “combos,” are a great way to simplify the options
● You will enjoy watching the lucky recipient thrill to angling for years
● For more information, comment or email us